Maryland DUI Defense Attorney
Andrew D. Alpert
16901 Melford Boulevard, Suite #325
Bowie, MD 20715
Maryland Attorney, Andrew D. Alpert is a Partner with the law firm of Alpert Schreyer and one of the leading DUI attorneys in the state of Maryland and the District of Columbia. A former prosecutor, Mr. Alpert has specific training in DUI/DWI law and has earned a reputation as a highly-skilled and aggressive criminal defense attorney. He has successfully defended numerous Maryland DUI/DWI and motor vehicle manslaughter cases, has had many Maryland DUI cases covered by the press (Maryland Independent 09/17/2004; Maryland Independent 09/22/2004) and has appeared on national television to offer his legal opinion on high-profile criminal cases.
Mr. Alpert regularly attends the National College for DUI Defense, as conducted at Harvard University where he receives advanced training in DUI/DWI defense law. He is a member of Board of Directors of the Maryland Criminal Defense Lawyer's Association, Chairman of the Legislative Group of the Maryland Criminal Defense Lawyer's Association on Narcotics, the Maryland State Representative of the National College for DUI Defense, a member of the Maryland Trial Lawyers Association, Maryland State Bar Association and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. A graduate of George Washington University School of Law, Alpert is one of only a few lawyers in the state of Maryland and the District of Columbia who is a Certified NHTSA Standardized Field Sobriety Test Instructor.
In addition to his success as a Maryland Criminal Defense Lawyer, Alpert is also a highly skilled personal injury attorney who has collected millions of dollars in compensation for victims of car accidents, truck and motorcycle accidents and has represented the families and loved ones of accident victims in wrongful death matters.
- Juris Doctor – George Washington University – 1989
- B. A. Degree – Franklin & Marshall College – 1986
- High School – The Mercersburg Academy – 1982
- Private Practice, Alpert Schreyer
- Assistant State's Attorney Charles County, Maryland
- Assistant State's Attorney Prince George's County, Maryland
- Sustaining Member National College for DUI Defense
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Maryland Trial Lawyers Association
- Maryland Criminal Defense Attorney's Association
- Maryland State Representative, National College for DUI Defense
- Maryland Criminal Defense Attorney's Association, Member of Board of Directors
- Maryland Criminal Defense Lawyer's Association, Legislative Chairman, Narcotics Law
- Maryland – 1989
- District of Columbia – 1996
- Pennsylvania – 1994
- New Jersey – 1994
- US District Court of Maryland – 1995
- US District Court for District of Columbia – 2000
Advanced Professional Educational Achievements
- National College for DUI Defense Training Seminar held at Harvard Law School, 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007.
- Assistant Instructor, National College for DUI Defense, Harvard Law School, 2007.
- Certified Instructor, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) DWI Detection and Standardized Field Sobriety Testing Program.
- U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) Certified Breath Alcohol Technician, Intoxilyzer Models S-D2, S-D5, 400, 5000 and 8000.
- Drug Evaluation and Classification Program (DRE) Overview Course.
- Intoximeter EC/IR Course.
- Mr. Alpert has taught and attended numerous DUI courses and has been the recipient of numerous awards from Law Enforcement including Certificates of Appreciation from the DEA, Maryland Department of Natural Resources, Maryland State Police, Charles County Sheriff's Department and the National College of District Attorneys.
- Mr. Alpert is certified to operate and owns and maintains numerous breath testing instruments including an Intoxilyzer 5000EN, S-D5 and an Intoximeter Alco Sensor IV.
- National Symposium for Alcohol, Drugs & Traffic Safety AIT Laboratories 2006.
- Certificate of Appreciation, National College for DUI Defense, 2007.
- John E. Reid and Associates, Advance Counsel on The Reid Technique of Interviewing and Interrogation, 2007.
- John E. Reid and Associates, The Reid Technique of Interviewing and Interrogation, 2007.
Free Consultations • Credit Cards Accepted